Friday, February 16, 2018

Conference swag

Yesterday, today and tomorrow, I’m at the Texas Music educators conference. I’ve been to my fair share of conferences and this one is huge! Especially the amount of vendors. And I can remember in the past leaving with a ton of stuff from vendors. It’s overwhelming. And much of it, I just threw out.

So, now with a minimalist mentality, how have I approached this conference differently? Simple. I structured my time at the conference to only have about 2 hours in the vendors area yesterday. While in the vendor area, I had mentally targeted specific vendors to visit. And that’s exactly what I did. Primarily I went to the chocolate fundraiser booths, as I told my girls I’d bring them back some chocolate.

Today and tomorrow, I’m focused on different sessions and getting information and learning instead of getting stuff. This will make my haul back home so much lighter and easier.

So how about you? When you go to conferences or places where there are giveaways and stuff to take home, do you grab handfuls? Or are you more meticulous and planned out? Comment with how you approach this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you best store digital things part 2

Yesterday, I wrote about how to best store your digital documents. You can find that here . Today, the focus is going to be on pictures. Gon...