Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 4 check in

Wow! We’re 4 weeks into the new year! How have your goals and resolutions gone? Did they go by the wayside? Or are you still going strong?

For me, with my primary goal, it couldn’t be better. I’ll give a more detailed wrap up of Whole30 in my post on Wednesday, but I feel amazing. My clothes fit and people at church yesterday said I should be called “The shrinking man” and “Slim”. I don’t know if I’d go that far.....yet, but I do notice a difference. I have plenty more to go, but slow and steady wins the race. Except that my slow and steady plan of losing 8 pounds by now (2 pounds per week) was totally blown out of the water by losing 16.6 pounds. Now, I knew I’d probably lose more than 8, but had I made my goal 20 pounds, I’d be frustrated and probably quit, because I “failed”. Nevermind that I’ve lost weight, clothes that I couldn’t wear now fit comfortably. My psyche would have told me that I missed my goal and I was a failure. That’s what my friend Jon Acuff talks about in his book “Finish”. When you’re setting goals, you want to have your goal, then cut it in half. When you feel like you’re beating that goal, it helps motivate you to continue on. But the Whole30 has helped immensely with that. More on that on Wednesday.

As for my garage project, that didn’t get much done on it this week. But it has definitely improved since the 1st of the year. There is less stuff and more space to walk around out there. And there has been progress inside the house as well, because of the colder weather outside. But there’s lots to do as we have our deadline to be out of this house by the end of June. Plenty will get done! It will just take the same process as losing weight. Slow and steady.

So how about you? What were your goals for this month? What are your goals for next month? What’s your plan to be successful? Mine are to lose 8 more pounds, and to bring order and decluttering to our home office, which is a total catch-all space. Comment with what you’re going to be working on or your success story from the past 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you best store digital things part 2

Yesterday, I wrote about how to best store your digital documents. You can find that here . Today, the focus is going to be on pictures. Gon...