Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 1 check in

It’s been a week into the New Year. How are your goals going? Still crushing them? Feeling a little stagnant? They’re totally blown?

Here’s how mine are going. First goal was to lose 2 pounds per week. So, last Monday morning, I stepped on the scale. 278.6. Fairly typical. I have resided anywhere between 270-290 over the past 3 or so years. Not good. I started the Whole30 diet for the month of January, so that started on the 2nd. Over the past week, I have felt amazing. The Whole30 diet is insane, but it’s a reset. No beans, no dairy, nothing processed or added. It’s forced me to look at labels and plan a whole lot more. But the food I have eaten in the past week has tasted amazing. And so, when I stepped on the scale this morning. 271.4. Down 7.2 pounds in a week. My goal was 2. I figured that with starting a new diet, and something this intense (and drinking a LOT of water), I’d probably lose more than 2 pounds. But, 2 pounds was my goal. So, why didn’t I say 4 or 5 pounds, especially for this first week? Well, our bodies can do strange things, and what happened if my goal was 5 pounds....and I lost 2. I’d feel like I failed and giving up would be a whole lot easier. But, I’ve absolutely crushed my goal. Do I expect to lose 30 pounds by the end of the month? Nope. Only 8. Because that’s my goal.

My second goal was to spend the month of January focused on the garage. It’s a disaster area. Well, the first step was to get the Christmas decoration boxes out of there. And in a couple of hours, those will be back in their storage space above the house. So that’s a good first step. Then I’ll spend a bit of time this afternoon on the Amazon and other boxes that threw up in the front of my garage. Every bit of extra time I have, that is where I am going to focus. Not just on organizing the junk that is out there, but figuring out what is needed and beneficial.

That’s it. My goals for the month of January. Comment on how you’re doing with your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you best store digital things part 2

Yesterday, I wrote about how to best store your digital documents. You can find that here . Today, the focus is going to be on pictures. Gon...