Thursday, January 18, 2018

What really matters

I had a conversation yesterday with our organ repair guy that returned me to the question in the title of this post. You see, his 22 year old son was diagnosed with leukemia before Thanksgiving. He had told me that previously, and I was talking to him about an issue with our organ. I asked him, “How is your son?” And he told me all of the details. They have a bone marrow donor and the prognosis is good. But he said something that triggered my thoughts. He said, “I’ve been going just one day at a time.”

Isn’t that really what we should be doing? We plan, prepare and get stuff and hold on to stuff. And where does that get us? Now I’m not saying get rid of everything. There is a need for things, but when you ask the question, “Does it really matter”, that puts a lot of things into perspective.

As I posted yesterday, my girls were off of school for the past 2 days because of ice. I was able to get some work done, but I was also able to spend time with my girls, along with my wife. That is at the core of what we have to figure out. What really matters. What is most important. Yes, we need to work. Yes, we need to be responsible and diligent in everything we do. But we also have to think about what really matter and what is most important in our lives.

So how do you figure that out? That’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? You could make a list, if you’re a list maker. You could write out note cards and put them on your refrigerator or mirror. Whatever you choose to do, it’s up to you and you can remind yourself and keep yourself focused on what is most important is however you choose to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you best store digital things part 2

Yesterday, I wrote about how to best store your digital documents. You can find that here . Today, the focus is going to be on pictures. Gon...